Wednesday, May 16, 2012

forever



thoughts,
buzzing,
always,
in her mind.
she had to write them down,
to capture them before they flew away,
lost with the others

moments in time,
she would see them,
notice them,
want to hold on to them-
to the moment,
to the memory--
forever

so she began to write and take pictures. she finally discovered a way to tangibly mold the many feelings and emotions stirring in her fifteen year old mind. she became fascinated with her aunt's words and images, and she soon created a blog of her own. little did she know that "eye to eye" would become a part of her, a part she would always cherish. the walls of her small southern town were torn down as she made friends across the country and across the world through her blog. the world of blogging introduced a sense of self-worth and confidence in her, and it carried her through her high school years. she is now forever grateful.

Words cannot describe the emotion filling me as I write my closing post for "Eye to Eye." I am forever indebted to the wonderfully talented people I have met and learned from through this blog. The constant support, comments, encouragement that many of you have given me from the beginning have been invaluable throughout my growing up process. I smile every time I think of my first posts and how much my writing and photography styles have evolved since-- and I have every one of you to thank for it. I largely regret not having been present in this space for so long. Who knew senior year could be so time consuming? Despite my absence here, I have thought of my fellow bloggers constantly, and I still read your blogs regularly. I could never express my awe of the talent of all you bloggers— your endless creativity has been my example all these years. I will carry the acceptance, warmth and true friendship that you all have shown me throughout the rest of my life. Thank you forever for taking in the shy and small-town girl you knew as "suzyQ" and being so influential in her development as a young adult. Because you all believed in me, I am who I am today.

I am closing this place so dear to me because it has finally completed its purpose of fostering my high school years. As I am upon graduation and then entering college in the fall, I feel it's time to say good-bye to "Eye to Eye." I will be back in the blogging world one day-- I promise. I could never leave this special atmosphere forever. In the meantime, please check for my occasional posts on Shutter Sisters!

I have cherished this experience so greatly, and you all will always have a warm and fuzzy place in my heart. I love all of you, and I thank you forever and ever and ever.

xo
Suzanna

8 comments:

  1. Blessings as you graduate and enter a whole new area of your life. You will be missed and ready to be welcomed back at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you will be missed. best wishes for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember who found whose blog first, but I remember the first time I saw yours so clearly. I was floored and impressed beyond measure by your writing and photography, especially for one so young. You are starting a new and exciting chapter in your life! Enjoy every minute of it for it goes by so quickly. I look forward to seeing what you do in the future. Whatever it is, I know you will be successful in all you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my sweet suzannah... i will miss you. you have such a tender heart, and a beautiful view of the world. but i am so excited for the adventures you'll have in college, and hope you'll stay in touch, girl, and share your stories. i am rooting for you, and praying for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made me cry. i feel your wings in flight... promise me, you will keep in touch.
    and please, make sure i have your address. (email me) so I can send a graduation
    wish. ; )
    you are family.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Suzanna, You will be missed. Much missed. Like Christina, I have a few tears. It has been a real pleasure to watch you grow and see you actively pursue the things that make your heart leap. You will be missed, dear girl. God go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so lucky to have found you and shared your treasured words and pictures. I wish you so much love and adventure through the unique expression that is your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh no, let it not be to late. Let me be on time please God please let Suzy Q find my words...still after al this time. I know I'm the one to blame, being so awful late with my words. Sending them. To her. Please Suzanna do open your blog eye to ey one more time to find my words. So they can fly into your atmosphere. To warm you're environment.

    Let me explain my wonderful-faraway-friend.
    I've been out of blog land so so long. My last post was put out there in a heartbeat. And I did hardly find the time to read all the comments on that last one.
    So just yesterday I came back from our family holiday and I was thinking of al the wonderful you's out here in this amazing sphere called blogging. Still I find it very very hard to find the time to relax and sit behind my laptop and give me some space on my blog. There is so much going on in my life right now (good things and less ones) that breathing is even hard on me now.

    Okay I will not drifft off. But to get where I was trying to go with you....I did open my blog for over ages again and scrolled back to my previous last post. All of a sudden it hit me. Your words did. And this time they did sink in. Making my heart skip a beat. You send out these amazing words to ME.....the gal just so far away from you. Who entered your world, as you entered mine with only good laughs, and great thougths, and marvelous words back and forth. Telling me your will stop visiting Eye to Eye. My dearest Suzy Q I so understand what you mean about living life the fullest. And yea blogging get's into your blood, your system, your being because all these dear people we've met and become close to you one way or the other. It's hard to let go. But it's good. It's okay. Altough you'll be missed dearly.

    So my Suzy Q to you I will say.....explore the world as Suzanna, it's your playground.
    I wish for you that you're backpack will be filled with only wonderful memories, goods stuff and amazing friendships close to your heart. May sorrow be far off your path and hopefully God will take care of all that for you.

    It's been such a pleasure meeting your, reading your stories, looking at your inspiring photo's and let me have a peek into your soul and your life.
    I'll miss you in blogland but know you're always in my heart traveling along at a side path.

    Be well beautiful soul.
    My your life be full with joy Suzanna.
    Biggest hugs ever.
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys. Please leave a comment- I want to learn more about the interesting and wonderful people who happen to stop by and see my work. I would love to hear from you!

-suzyQ