Sunday, October 11, 2009

One.


Every Sunday we come together.
Communion is my favorite part of the service.
The lights are dimmed. The prayers are said. There is a single glow from the flickering candles. Hands are held. Eyes are dabbed. The soft music is playing. We all go down to the front to partake in the bread and juice. It is silent. Peaceful. Magical. Warm. Inviting.

It's at this moment that we are whole; gathering for one reason.
We are friends.
We are family.
We are happy.
We are loved.

We... are one.

3 comments:

  1. What a great post - I like taking communion too - lovely image of the cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a favorite part of the service for me too...love the dark cross

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys. Please leave a comment- I want to learn more about the interesting and wonderful people who happen to stop by and see my work. I would love to hear from you!

-suzyQ