Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chicago, Chicago



We drove 14 hours- all five of us packed in one car, luggage and all. The best trip of my life.


Chicago.

Car horns. Busy sidewalks. Suited-up men talking on their Blackberrys. Brief cases. Shopping bags. Taxis. Gum on my shoes. My mother freaking out as we cross the busy street- holding each of our hands. Wind-soo much wind. The Magnificent Mile. The Sears Tower. Navy Pier. Lattes. Darling boutiques. Wonderful dining on every corner. The feeling of excitement the city brings to me. Mine and my sister's plans to move up to Chicago as soon as we graduate college. New clothes, and much bragging to look forward to when we got back home.
...
Yep, I am a small-town girl who dreams of an internship at a major advertising firm in New York. Who dreams of being able to go shopping on a whim. Who dreams of going out and actually having a place to go. Who will be on top of every new city trend out there... and the list goes on.


But for now, I am perfectly content with my sleepy street, 30 classmates, neighborhood parties, and the sound of crickets as I fall asleep.


I will save the city for later.


3 comments:

  1. Dreams are good Suzy - they give us our goals :) I liked your photograph - the building you were in seems huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 hours is a long drive but it sounds like it was worth it.

    I wish a place existed that was the size of a country town with the convinces and cultural experiences of the city. My problem is I want the best of both worlds.

    PS: I love this photo and the colour tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!
    Liss: I agree with you there. I definitely want the best of both worlds as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys. Please leave a comment- I want to learn more about the interesting and wonderful people who happen to stop by and see my work. I would love to hear from you!

-suzyQ