Thursday, July 16, 2009

Takes me Back


Mentholatum. She applies it to her temples and under her nose every night before immediatley dozing off. When I was a young child, I would snuggle up with her in bed, while she would read countless children books to me and dazzle me with her many stories that I had heard many times before. She was Super Grandma-swinging with me on the swingset, pushing me in the stroller, always playing with me, rocking me to sleep every night, and being my idol; she could do no wrong. Now, I get to experience new sides to "Super Grandma". I get to experience her wise wisdom and good sense of humor. I also realize that she is not perfect, and that makes me love her even more.
I do, however, sometimes miss those old days...
A faint smell of mentholatum in the air- takes me back.
What takes you back?
-suzyQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys. Please leave a comment- I want to learn more about the interesting and wonderful people who happen to stop by and see my work. I would love to hear from you!

-suzyQ