Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Barn Raisin'





The Farm
Oh, how that white fence seems to go on and on forever.
The flimsy strands of grass move as one.
The lazy cattle bask in the setting sun-
Sweet paradise.
The bumpy road travels farther into the simple beauty;
Magnolia trees blossoming,
their enticing aroma drifts through the warm, sweet air.
Then the old barn comes into view-
the charming white framing against the burnt red structure.
precious paradise
My most treasured place on the farm-
the brick house where my grandparents live;
my toddler years being pushed by loving hands
back and forth on the old swingset,
being strolled with the dogs by side throughout the whole farm...
Growing up on this farm surrounded by all the beauty and love-
simply...paradise.




2 comments:

  1. I spent my childhood on a farm too - at the time I used to dream about what other kids my age would be doing in the city - but now as an adult I think those year spent in the country were the best years of my life. I had a beautiful horse that my Dad gave me when I was 11 years old and he died when I was 27 years old - 3 weeks before my daughter was born. They were the best years - you are blessed!! Beautifully described too - enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We go to my grandparents' farm quite often and I love it too! It is one of my favorite places ever.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys. Please leave a comment- I want to learn more about the interesting and wonderful people who happen to stop by and see my work. I would love to hear from you!

-suzyQ