Friday, August 21, 2009

Faithfully

Today, my family and I went to the funeral of one of the dearest women in our lives. She was about sixty and had been suffering from PSP for the last five years or so. Her grandchildren, some of our closest friends, and we would regularly visit her in the nursing home and sing and play piano for her. One of our favorite songs to sing was the classic hymn "Sanctuary." The funeral today was a wonderful service, and I got teary-eyed very often throughout. We were told before the funeral that she had asked us all to sing "Sanctuary" at the end...
I was very nervous about the way I would sound, look, etc., but when we got up there to sing, all I could see or think about was the precious woman we were usually standing before while singing this beautiful song. About two words into the song, tears started flooding down my face, and I could see all of her family start reaching for their handkerchiefs.
This beautiful service has already got me looking for the beauty in my life, like "Mrs.J" did. Even though she was disabled by the disease the whole time I knew her, I could always see the life and warmth in her eyes, and her love always showed the faith she had in God.
I challenge you to live your life like she did- happily, lovingly, hopefully, and faithfully.
Sanctuary
Lord prepare me.
To be a sanctuary,
pure and holy,
tride and true.
With thanksgiving,
I'll be a living.
Sanctuary-
for you.
Thank you for everything you have given each and every one of us. We love you and will always miss you dearly.

1 comment:

Hey guys. Please leave a comment- I want to learn more about the interesting and wonderful people who happen to stop by and see my work. I would love to hear from you!

-suzyQ