Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Do it for you




The old me:


Step 1: Sign-in to Blogger.
Step 2: Look for new comments. If there is none, sigh heavily.
Step 3: Go to Statcounter to check how many people have visited my blog. Once again, possibly a heavy sigh.
Step 4: Sulk for a few more minutes afterward.
Step 5: Write a new post that I think will please my audience.


The new me:


Step 1: Sign-in to blogger.
Step 2: Not even think about new comments.
Step 3: Statcounter? What is that?
Step 4: Enjoy the wise words of other blogs.
Step 5: Write a post that I love, and that expresses the way I feel- for me.
Step 6: Maybe check for new comments, you know, just to be nice, that is all.....
Step 7: Sign out of blogger- with a happy and very content smile on my face. Why? Because I did it for me.


Do it for you.



-suzyQ

9 comments:

  1. How true it is. I used to get my feelings hurt if there were no comments too - then I decided to get a life. I think we all have to remember why it is we blog. I am still not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss SuzyQ... you always please me and this post and photo are beautiful.

    I sigh now, because I haven't been around in the last couple of days. And hey, I still feel like this, I don't think it matters how many people look or comment we will always wonder why more people arn't looking out what we spent our time and effort to create.

    Write what comes from your heart (it's good) and not to please other people that way no matter how many visitors you get or don't get you know you are doing something that is meaningful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was very much hung up on statcounter before. but havent checked that for months now. glad to find you. i noticed you on my followers list before (thanks for that, btw), but couldnt find a link to you until today when i saw a comment by you on another blog. happy to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ols1: I totally agree with you. I don't think I will ever be sure of why I do this. Other than how much I love it.

    Liss: Thank you so much! Your comments always make my day. And I think I will always be wanting more as well... but I am definately starting to write more for my own pleasure.

    Kamana: Thank you! I am so glad you are here. I love your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect post! doing it for yourself is the only way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, this is so cute. I totally do that too, lol. Blog for you, that's the spirit! Do it because you love doing it.

    I just came across your blog...see one new reader! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thoughts and a great attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys. Please leave a comment- I want to learn more about the interesting and wonderful people who happen to stop by and see my work. I would love to hear from you!

-suzyQ