Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Now

(Sorry, no picture today- my computer has crashed so I am improvising... Will be posting more soon!)




My biggest problem is...

living in the present. I am either wanting to go back to the past, or I am wanting to fast forward to the future. I am getting close to the age of planning for colleges, etc., and that completely excites me. But on the other hand, I am wanting to be eight again; riding my bike down the sidewalk, giggling at boys, wearing my favorite pair of Ked's sneakers, lacy socks, Full House marathons, an A+ on every quiz, bare feet, loose teeth, not questioning every little thing- accepting it, rub-on tattoos, Santa Claus, stress-free, snuggling with Mama, going to work with Daddy, leggings and clip-on earrings. Why can't I just accept everything that goes on around me? Why can't I stop worrying?

I am going to give myself some advice, and maybe it will help a few of you out there too...

The past is gone. The future- not guaranteed. Now? That's all we've got. Now. Now.
So hug a little longer. Splurge a little more. Press the snooze button on your busy schedule, and do what pleases you. Snug some me-time in there as well.

Let's live... when? now.


-suzyQ

5 comments:

  1. Great advice, I not sure why it is that we never care about the present and yet it is the very thing that shapes the future.

    We will always have the memories of or past and they will be good memories if we enjoy the present.

    Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! i get really nostalgic too...oh how i miss clip on earrings and rub on tattoos too. you're in a really transitional period right now, leaving high school and going to college. i promise- change is good! and you always have those sweet sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know... I have a lot of changes going on and a lot more ahead! But my memories will always keep me anchored. Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The theme of this post is summed up in the name of my blog! But back to you, I can relate with the transition period, because I have a daughter at the same stage.

    The fact that you are writing and thinking about it says great things about YOU. You have a great skill for writing, especially in this day and age. I'm looking forward to more of it, and your creative pictures too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys. Please leave a comment- I want to learn more about the interesting and wonderful people who happen to stop by and see my work. I would love to hear from you!

-suzyQ